Who we are
Willow & Hive Limited
Registered company number No.11160865
Our contact information
What personal data do we collect and why?
We may collect your name, your shopping and billing address, email address and telephone number when you place an order, contact us directly by email or phone, sign up for our marketing communications, browse our website or use the other services offered by our website (www.willow-hive.co.uk).
We also collect your IP Address and if you access our site by your mobile device, we may collect your unique phone identifier, so that we can learn about your shopping habits, including the pages and products you have viewed from your use of the website and which website you clicked through from.
We use this data to:
- Process your order, including taking payments, and fulfilling the products you have purchased
- Send you the marketing communications that you have requested
- Provide you with help when you contact us directly
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
You give us consent to send you marketing communications by either opting-in during the checkout process when placing an order, or by entering your name and email address on our newsletter sign up form on our website. You can opt-out of these emails at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link, which is in the footer of all the emails we send to you, or you can request to be unsubscribed by contacting us directly by email or telephone.
If you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you will no longer receive them. However, if you have placed an order, we will still contact you with information regarding that order and may contact you with any other relevant on-going customer service.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your ‘terminal equipment’ (eg a computer or smartphone) when you access our website. It allows our website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
- to increase security, by allowing you to login to our website and enter secure areas of our website, such as when we process your payment
- to remember the contents of your shopping cart as you move through different pages on our website
- to help you navigate your way through our site easily
- to compile visitor statistics, such as how many people come to our website, how long they spend on the website and what pages they view
- to serve advertising on different platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram
- to allow you to share our journal posts or products on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit AboutCookies.org. Please note, if you adjust your cookie settings it is likely that you will no longer be able to use our website.
Who will process your data?
Willow & Hive is the data controller and we will also process your data.
We use the services of reputable external suppliers to help meet our business needs and may share your data with these suppliers. They will process your data only under our instructions. Some of these suppliers may be based in non-EU countries.
We use the following suppliers:
- Shopify payments powered by Stripe
- Royal Mail
- UK Mail (DHL Parcels)
- CSM Logistics
These third party suppliers all have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read.
We will never share your data with third parties for inclusion within their marketing campaigns.
How long do we keep your data?
This can vary depending on the reason the data is being processed but we do not keep your personal data for longer than necessary.
The data collected during the process of placing an order will be retained for seven years in accordance to UK tax law.
You will no longer receive any marketing communications from us after 24 hours of unsubscribing from our mailing list.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You have certain rights regarding our collection and use of your personal data.
You have the right to ask us what personal data we have about you and a get a copy of it. You can ask us to correct or update your personal data. You can tell us to stop using your personal data in certain circumstances. You can tell us to stop sending you marketing communications.
You can do this by contacting us by email, letter or telephone. We have up to one month to respond to your request.
We will do our best to resolve any complaints. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).